What happens when a billion Indians come online?
The Internet has already changed India. But we’re only at the beginning of a significant transformation as we move from just over 150 million to more than a billion Indians online in the near future.
At this Big Tent Activate Summit in New Delhi on 21 March, we're bringing together leading Indian and international experts to discuss the changes we’re already seeing and to forecast those to come. Some of the questions we’ll aim to address include:
- Can India gain a global competitive edge by enabling the full economic potential of the Internet?
- Will the Internet dilute Indian culture, or can it help preserve and share it locally and globally?
- How is the Internet already changing the democratic process, and what will happen as many more constituents come online?
9:00 - 10:00
10:00 - 10:10
10:10 - 10:25
10:25 - 11:35
Panel: Enabling the Economic Impact of the Internet in India
11:35 - 12:15
Lightning Talks: The impact of the Internet on Indian society
12:15 - 13:30
13:30 - 14:15
Conversation: The role of the Internet in Indian Politics
14:15 - 14:30
Google+ Hangout on Technology in Politics
14:30 - 15:15
Fireside chat with Eric Schmidt and Alan Rusbridger
15:15 - 16:05
Debate: Is the Internet killing the media industry?
16:05 - 17:10
Lightning Talks: The Impact of the Internet on Indian Culture
17:10 - 19:00
The Big Tent will take place at the Taj Palace Hotel, which is located just a few minutes drive from both the airport and the city center.
- Address: Taj Palace Hotel, Sardar Patel Marg, Diplomatic Enclave, New Delhi - 110 021
- Phone: +91 112 6110202
Arriving by car from the airport:
- From Indira Gandhi International Airport, the Taj Palace Hotel is a 15 km drive along Gurgaon Express Highway (NH8). The journey should take approximately than 30 minutes. Landmark: Dhaula Kuan Road next to ITC Maurya Sheraton.
- From Connaught Place in Central New Delhi, the Taj Palace is a 7-8 kms drive towards Dhaula Kuan road. The journey should take approximately 15-20 mins.
This event is invite-only, but there will be a livestream on ndtv.com/bigtent